Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I'm a bum

As far as blogging goes i am definitely a bum. For whatever reason i can't bring myself to come on here 3-4 times a week a write up a summary of whats been going on. I'm intrigued by the idea of blogging and looking back at in the future but to actually do it is a whole other story. But is something i plan to work and do more often.


Ill try and give a little up date of how things went in the previous months in poker. In August i think i made around 20k but i am not 100% on that. Now September was my weakest month ever as far as putting in hands go. I think a major contributor to that was buying a PS3, which was a great idea and a horrible one all at the same time. I think i managed to make a decent amount around 14k and that was over about 13k hands online and about 7 days of live play in vegas and at the commerce. Now on to the present month. I managed to start this month off with a BOOOOOOM dropping 15k pretty quickly in run bad and play bad style. I fought back and got it down to 7k then the next day bam dropped 4k and i seemed to just rinse and repeat this for about 2 weeks. Then for whatever reason i hop in some sunday donkaments and manage to final table the Sunday Brawl and get 5th for a solid 22k (best tourney cash eva). so that put me in the positive for the month and it feels good. Also after i had that cash i managed in the last 3 days or so do pull my game together a bit and scrap up 10k in my last 5k hands at 3/6-10/20. So my month has really turned around and i just hope i can continue to play well and fill some leaks that i still have.

On a side note i recently got asked to coach a midstakes player and we had our first session. Overall it went pretty good, we managed to find a few leaks in his preflop game that would help his all around game as far as bluffing frequency and getting into marginal spots postflop go. So as far as coaching goes i think i am going to try to pick a few more students. Maybe try to get some that want some on a regular basis and help some lil ones own the souls of many.


Now for the life stuff. Life as been going good i think i found a good balance between playing poker, working out, and hanging out with the friends. Although right now i enjoy playing poker more than any of those things. This weekend and next weekend should be fun because me and all my friends have a lot of things planned for holloween. This thursday we are going to Knotts scary farm which i hope was better than the one time i went but still all in all pretty sick. Then this friday my friend is having a costume party and his place in LA. And then im not even sure what we are doing holloween weekend as there is a bunch of little things that our friends are doing so who knows what we end up doing.

Well thats it for now

God Bless

JP

No comments: